Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1020 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The battery stopped charging at 80% so I managed to buy a new one marked HP and the correct part number. Unfortunately, the same thing happens with the new battery but now 79%.

I have tried to unload the battery and load it again several times but it doesn’t help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you so much. The information was really helpful. I will change the setting in front of a customer visit or other situations when I need a persevering battery.

If HP had informed about this when the BIOS update came, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

\tord

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

It's a feature.

HP Business laptops come with a battery charging limiting feature (stop charging at 80%), to stop excessive charging to 100%, when the laptop is mostly used on AC power. This HP feature is called the "Battery Health Manager" or "Battery Care Function", set in the BIOS.

Of course you can turn it off.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. The information was really helpful. I will change the setting in front of a customer visit or other situations when I need a persevering battery.

If HP had informed about this when the BIOS update came, it would have saved me a lot of trouble.

\tord

HP Recommended

You're welcome, but why did you or the moderator not credit my reply as a solution but yours?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.