Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an issue with this specific model of Laptop at our company. HP EliteBook x360 1030 G3 laptops after being reimaged and applied all Driver updates the computer will always give me the bitlocker recovery screen after every reboot.

I cannot deploy these laptops because of this.

All other models of HP computers do not have this issue while still undergoing the same process of image deployment.

To note. Driver updates are installed via HPIA.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Assuming you have the bitlocker recovery key, after using it and enter Windows, i would try suspending Bitlocker, and rebooting... on reboot, Bitlocker should recreate the measures used for secure boot and should not ask for the key again

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks for that,
i will try that right now.

HP Recommended

I suspended bitlocker restarted the computer.

Then checked if bitlocker was enabled again and it was, after reboot i still get a Recovery screen,

HP Recommended

Have you tried to decrypt and re-encrypt your Drive ?

What is your TPM Version ?

Do you have the latest ?

you can check it with typing the following into your Windows Searchbar: tpm.msc

HP Recommended

So i just decrypted the device and restarted the computer, re encrypted the device and i still get a bitlocker recovery screen.

The TPM version is 2.0 and the Manufacturer Version is 7.63.3353.0

I believe this is the latest version.

HP Recommended

Only 2 things i can give you maybe as help.

- Take ownership of TPM

- Check bios settings

HP Recommended

This didnt work either.

I decrypted the entire drive.

cleared the TPM and then re encrypted the drive and i am still having the same issue.

HP Recommended

Btw this is happening with only this model and it consistently is occurring with this model of computer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.