Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre x360

My HP Spectre x360 has warped and looks like an open taco.  Any suggestions on how to address this?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

In this case it may be caused due to deformed or swollen battery,A swollen battery does not present a safety issue. It is the result of the generation of gases per the normal degradation of the battery cell over time. HP has worked closely with battery cell suppliers and third-party industry experts to help minimize the potential for HP batteries to swell over time and to identify that swollen batteries are not a safety issue.In order to protect your hardware from potential damage, HP recommends that customers experiencing battery swelling discontinue use of the notebook until the battery can be replaced. Customers should contact HP to understand what battery replacement options are available.If a battery is under warranty, HP will replace the battery per the terms and conditions of the HP Worldwide Limited Warranty or applicable HP Care Packs. For batteries no longer under warranty, contact HP to purchase a genuine HP replacement battery.

Regards,
Karthik Nataraj

I am a HP employee.
I'm speaking on my behalf only and I'm not speaking for HP.

Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.