Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I've attempted contacting Hp over their chat support and several pre-existing forum posts about fn keys not working but nothing seems to have fixed it. I currently have an Elitebook X360 which has non-functioning FN keys for brightness! (Fn2 and Fn3)

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I'm not HP Support; HP employees and contractors who participate in the forums are clearly identified as such.

I'm giving you a genuine solution to many hotkey and keyboard LED problems - reinstall the hotkey driver if there is one for the system, then the driver(s) for any affected subsystems, even if the driver in question is already installed. In many cases, reinstalling 'over the top' will work. In some cases you have to uninstall the subsystem driver(s) from Windows' uninstall feature and/or uninstall the devices in the Device Manager first.

In an ideal world everything would work, but sometimes updates stop things working properly.

Have you tried what I have suggested and did it help? If you are interested in trying to solve your issue(s), this is a great place to ask and forum members will try to help. If you want to grumble about HP's products or support, there is not a lot of point posting here; most participants do not work for HP and the escalation routes are limited.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

You don't give a precise model for your EliteBook, so I can't check the HP driver page to see what is available. It is worth (re)installing any Hotkey driver, also the latest driver(s) for your GPU(s) (two if you have a dedicated GPU and are running in hybrid graphics mode, one in all other scenarios).

HP Recommended
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have the Elitebook 1030 X360 G2. It was working prenviously however since updating all my software to the latest versions as suggested by the HP updating software it has stopped working.

Thanks
HP Recommended

I maintain my original answer. Even though you are already up to date, reinstall the HP Hotkey Support software, then the Intel graphics driver in that order. Hopefully that will straighten out your issue.

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Were there any other suggestions on possible solutions that you have? I know that you are only trying to help but very dissapointed in HP... having purchased multiple laptops all seem to have the same technical difficulty and have not received a reply from HP support in a week. 

HP Recommended

I'm not HP Support; HP employees and contractors who participate in the forums are clearly identified as such.

I'm giving you a genuine solution to many hotkey and keyboard LED problems - reinstall the hotkey driver if there is one for the system, then the driver(s) for any affected subsystems, even if the driver in question is already installed. In many cases, reinstalling 'over the top' will work. In some cases you have to uninstall the subsystem driver(s) from Windows' uninstall feature and/or uninstall the devices in the Device Manager first.

In an ideal world everything would work, but sometimes updates stop things working properly.

Have you tried what I have suggested and did it help? If you are interested in trying to solve your issue(s), this is a great place to ask and forum members will try to help. If you want to grumble about HP's products or support, there is not a lot of point posting here; most participants do not work for HP and the escalation routes are limited.

HP Recommended

Firstly thank you for your help. I have had to re-reinstall the two again after it did not work initially. 

I completely understand that you are not affiliated with HP in any manner but I felt like this would be an appropriate space for this issue to be made public given the inaction on HP's end of things and make others aware of the lack of support. I had spoken with them multiple times over the live chat to no avail yet a volunteer on the forums is able to solve my issue somehow. 

Thank you again for your assistance. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.