Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 440 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One of the user using HP ProBook 440  G4 (Windows 10 Enterprose Edition) 64 bit. Suddenly letters are typing in CAPITAL LETTERS (CAPS LOCK is not on) itself while working. 

Restarting the laptop resolves the issue temporarily. The same issue happes if the external USB keyboard connected,

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Is this just in the Microsoft programs or is it happening in other programs as well?

HP Recommended
It happens for MS Office Applications
HP Recommended

This is a case of the default keys in Microsoft being changed. To fix them, do the following:

Press both SHIFT KEYS at the same time. This will cancel the change in the keyboard configuration.

To make sure that this does not happen again, you will need to do the following to change the default keys

1. Hold down RIGHT SHIFT KEY for 8 seconds to bring up FilterKey popup

2. Click on SETTINGS

3. Under the Keyboard tab go to Filter Keys and click on SETTINGS

4. Under Keyboard Shortcut click on the box USE SHORTCUT to remove check mark

5. Click OK

6. At the bottom of the Accessibility Options box click APPLY then OK.

7. Press both SHIFT KEYS to deactivate changes.

I hope this helps.

Loki

HP Recommended

I also facing same problem in my HP Probook 450G2, in addition to that, it has been observed that, when pressing keys like u/r/q etc. then kaps lock turing on, wifi state changes white to orange, airplane mode automatically on, etc. etc.

I tried hp builtin keyboard hardware component test, sometimes it gives result that keyboard is passed, sometimes it gives failed that QWERUIOP these keys are bad. I have already changes my keyboard with a new one. But problem is not solved yet. If if pluged external keyboard problem is remain same.

Please help.

HP Recommended

Hi, this solution is not working. Please help me with any other ways.  My laptop model is HP pavilion notebook. 

HP Recommended

Hi, this solution is not working for me. Mine is HP pavilion notebook - windows 10 OS . Having Microsoft version of  2013. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.