Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation and HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two USB C ports in my HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation (9DS86PA#ABG), and one USB C port in my other three HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF (Product 7YH27PA#ABG and 7YH27PA). All machines were purchased in May / June 2020.

All the USB C ports do not send any video signals (VGA, HDMI) via adapters. These adapters work instantly with other devices such as Mac Mini, Mac Book Pro, and iPad.

The adapters say that they are compatible with Windows, Mac and Android and do not require any software to run. 

Please help, as countless hours on phone and emails with HP support but no luck.

Also, all these HP machines have at least 3 Display Ports but no VGA nor HMDI.

Steven

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello,

as stated in the technical details they have a "1 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ (charging)" or "1 SuperSpeed USB Type-C® 10Gbps signaling rate"  Port. Which means this is not capable of Video Signals. For Video look for "1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Power delivery, DisplayPort™)" Ports.

You will need a DisplayPort to HDMI or VGA Adapter which you can buy at most online sellers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.