Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1030 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have  a number of customers who use the HP EliteBook x360 1030 G4 laptops.  However, when these are imaged (using SCCM for example) they do not have the HP Pen Settings app (Windows Store app : WacomTechnologyCorp.HPPenSettings) installed, and many have the store disabled so that users cannot install apps.

Is there a way to get this app in an Offline format for sideloading?  Or can HP include it as an installed app in their driver set, rather than the user needing to install it from the store.  It's hidden in the Windows store as well, so you can't find it using the normal search in the store.

This app is required for managing the HP Active Pen settings on new devices.  The old "HP Pen Control" won't install as it say's it isn't applicable to these devices.

Even on a fresh Out-Of-The-Box device, the user is prompted to install the HP Pen Settings app from the store, rather than it already being on the device.  It's also a one-time prompt, so once you miss it you don't see it again.  I'm still figuring out if I can re-create whatever brings the prompt up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So apparently I had an RTFM moment.

If I looked inside the driver pack from HP (SP98645 - Wacom Digitizer) it has a .bat file that you can run and it installs the driver and the UWP app without the need for the Microsoft Store.

Running SP98645.exe with a silent switch only installs the Wacom driver, not the HP Pen Settings app.  You need to expand it and run the imagesetup.bat instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

So apparently I had an RTFM moment.

If I looked inside the driver pack from HP (SP98645 - Wacom Digitizer) it has a .bat file that you can run and it installs the driver and the UWP app without the need for the Microsoft Store.

Running SP98645.exe with a silent switch only installs the Wacom driver, not the HP Pen Settings app.  You need to expand it and run the imagesetup.bat instead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.