Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After last Windows 10 Update ver. 1803, I cannot adjust screen brightness via keyboard function keys.  Updating to latest HP graphics driver did not help.  Attempted to update using Intel's latest driver but this was blocked by HP.  Is there a fix for this issue resulting from the last Windows update?  There are numerous posts of this same issue with various models. 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@melliott2

Please download and re-install the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81790.exe

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@melliott2

Please download and re-install the following software

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp81501-82000/sp81790.exe

Hope this helps.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I will do this, thanks.  But will this install over the current version already on my notebook or do I need to remove the older version?  And what do I do after it is reinstalled? 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

@melliott2

Normally you can install over the top.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks gfuys. This worked for HP EliteBook 1030 G2. 

Cheers

Alex

HP Recommended

This worked, thanks.  Brightness keys now work again.  However, after installing file, my fingerprint login no longer functioned. I reconfigured my fingerprint and it now works again. 

Should the f12 calendar key function?  Nothing happens when this key is pressed.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.