Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z2 G4 Product No 4FU52AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I purchased the Z2 I swapped the 1TB HD for two Samsung 1TB EVO SSD and then attempted to set up Windows 10 so the all my files went to one of the Samsung SSDs. Made a mess of this.

Now I would like to take the Z2 back to the Factory setup but with a new C-Drive a Samsung 1TB EVO m.2 SSD and as the data storage on a second Samsung 1TB EVO m.2.

How do I do this? Thanks.

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

FYI, i just launched Cloud Recovery Client 2.4.7.1 and was able to download OS, Drivers, etc. for a Z2 G4, either Mini or SFF. In that case only Windows 10 Pro was available

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Recommendation: remove the non-primary SSD. DOwnload the Windows 10 image using HP CLoud Recovery Client ( HP PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Download Tool | HP® Customer Support) on a 16GB or larger. Boot the USB key and image on the SSD. Run HP Image Assistant to update BIOS and ALL drivers + any needed s/w, like Hotkeys, etc. after confirming Windows 10 boots properly, install the 2nd SSD

HP Recommended

Thanks Soccer_dan. Apparently Cloud Recovery is not available for my Z2 G4 otherwise I would have used this method.

What worked for me was to make a rescue USB flash drive form the original System, HP provides the instructions for this, remove the C Drive - a 500 GB M.2 SATA SSD and replace it with a new 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA M.2 SSD then boot from the USB. I then spent 2 days reloading programs and files. 

Just one warning and that is to make sure that any Outlook files that need to be kept are .pst format not .ost as the .ost will not export/import from the original archive.

Cheers, GreenPro

HP Recommended

FYI, i just launched Cloud Recovery Client 2.4.7.1 and was able to download OS, Drivers, etc. for a Z2 G4, either Mini or SFF. In that case only Windows 10 Pro was available

HP Recommended

Thanks Soccer_dan. I must have misunderstood what I read. This has got to be the best solution. Cheers, GreenPro

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.