Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought the Pavillion in August of 2019. In November of 2019, the screen somehow got cracked. I carry it the exact same way I've always carried my laptops, in a bag. I use the laptop for business and have used laptops for business for over 20 years. Normally, however, i use Dell or Lenovo. Based on my experience, I will not be buying HP ever again. The service department is not only unprofessional, they are inconsistent and non-trustworthy. Within a matter of a few weeks, the price quoted for replacement of my computer screen more than doubled. The first time i called the representative put me on hold multiple times and came back with a different price each time which made me question the validity of the company with whom i was speaking. However, I received the contact info from the store from which i purchased it (which is a large, trustworthy store). He then finally offered to send me the screen at a much lower price. When i called back, i was told that this was not possible and the rep who told me this gave me bad information. 

My concern is that i am well aware of the price of the screen through a business contact who works directly with HP. I'm also  aware that the screen is on back-order. This is very concerning to me since this is new model.This tells me that there is a defect/flaw with the screen. My screen is cracked from the inside. Therefore, it was not something that bumped it from outside. HP should do a recall on this computer, due to this defect. They should also hire a more professional support team who provides consistent, trustworthy pricing for the service and parts which don't fluctuate drastically from week to week. I will be certain to share this information with everyone i know in market for a laptop computer. This is unacceptable. To replace the screen, department is trying to charge 90% of the cost of the laptop! Why on earth would someone pay that? I may as well buy a new computer (which, btw, will NOT be an HP). I am an EXTREMELY dissatisfied customer who is disappointed in a seemingly reputable company taking advantage of customers and ripping people off with a poorly made product and then providing less than mediocre support.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Mdje77

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.