Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi 

I have a HP EliteBook 840 G3 on a HP 2013 Ultraslim docking station. The docking station is connected to 2 displays. A Dell 1440p monitor, and a Dell 4K monitor, both through DisplayPort (DP to DP). However, I can only get the 1440P monitors working, the 4K one is detected, however shows a blank black screen. If I disconnect the 1440P monitor, then the 4K monitor starts working. I've switched cables around just to ensure that it's not the cable causing the problem. Is running a 4K display and a 1440P display not supported?

Is there a fix for this? 

Thanks in advance. 

Peter Z

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PeterZhao 

That is too much pixels for an Elitebook 840 G3 and an HP UltraSlim Docking Station 2013 dock. You can get one 4K monitor @30Hz and 1 FHD monitor @60Hz.

Please note: resolution does up, refresh rate will go down

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I see in other user's post that the docking station can support one 4K monitor, just not two. I be satisfied if I can get a picture when I downscale the 4K monitor to 2560x1440. However, the 4K monitor still shows a blank screen even if i downscale. 

HP Recommended

If I downscale 4k monitor the resolution to 1440P, or FHD, I still get a black screen. Any idea what this is caused by?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.