Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi

Just upgraded to Windows 11 and my docking monitor E243D is not recognised on my Elite Book x360.

Device Manager gives the error 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'

The monitor screen works, and it works as a USB hub, but the ethernet is not recognised.

Many thanks

Bass

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello

network LAN should be a Realtek Device. search for that driver . it could be called "All-Dock Network driver".

it's at this page: https://support.hp.com/it-it/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-840-g8-notebook-pc/38216725/... 

bye

HP Recommended

Hi TTDMB

Thanks for your help. It didnt work,

I think the problem is that my EliteBook doesnt recognise the E243D docking monitor.

So a warning to anyone using it and thinking of upgrading to Win11, and a plea to HP to find out what is wrong.

Many thanks

HP Recommended

Hello

Hello

which is the Hardware ID of the USB Unknown device ?

Hardware ID coulsbe useful to find the driver , if it exists.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi

The Hardware ID is USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

The dev inst path is USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\7&14824E31&0&1 - not sure that will help.
The device that is not recognised is the monitor as when I unplug it the Unknown USB Device entry disappears.

Has HP tried running the monitor dock under Win 11 or am I going to have to go back to Win 10.

Keep well

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.