Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 650 G1
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, the HP Hot Keys driver is missing on the driver downloading page. It's even missing among similar models. About 10 months ago I got a new SSD and was able to download the Hot Key then, but this time around it's not there. So, therefore, I am unable to mute the microphone (via hotkeys) or adjust the brightness. However, strangely, I can still adjust the volume via Hotkeys... ?

I tried going to the 'contact section', but it's like a maze... sort of like they don't really want to be contacted... kind of annoying.

Does anyone know where the missing HP Hotkey driver is, or do i have another issue?

I have an HP Probook 650 G1

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @DoubleDanDay 

It appears that HP has removed all of the W8.1 hotkey exe files from their FTP server, but left the html info and cva files.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

I have zipped up the driver you need and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the driver below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=FVe2Pb

Download, unzip and run the file labled sp66562.zip.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply, but it says that app can't run on my pc. I am using Windows 8.1 by the way. 

HP Recommended

Hi, @DoubleDanDay 

It appears that HP has removed all of the W8.1 hotkey exe files from their FTP server, but left the html info and cva files.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp66501-67000/sp66562.html

I have zipped up the driver you need and uploaded it to my Skydrive folder and shared the link to the driver below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApMb5dJXSS-Dggen6t_Lt2eggvfZ?e=FVe2Pb

Download, unzip and run the file labled sp66562.zip.

HP Recommended

It worked Paul, thank you. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.