Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 1030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My elitebook 1030 seems to occassionally makes these small but definitely noticeable and very annoying "buzzing" sounds.  I've noticed that it makes these sounds when I'm activating the trackpad, scrolling, browsing, basically when there's active movement on screen.  Could this be due to the SSD, or the graphics card, or something else? Also, I find that rebooting the machine gets rid of the problem, but if I leave it on sleep for a while, and then use it again, these noises come back.  I also own an elitebook 1020, so I know for a fact that the machine (fanless and SSD) should be completely silent.  In fact, this is the reason I went with the core M over the more powerful cpus, so these noises are really bothering me.  The machine is within warranty, but I hope there is an easy fix.  Anyone with a similar issue?  Is this a known issue? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

if you make sure the BIOS and all drivers are up to date, and still hear buzzing sounds, then there is something wrong with the laptop. It should be silent as you said

I would encourage you to try HP Image Assistant to check on your device - www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks.  Just found the .exe file for Image Assistant. Will run and see if it finds anything. 

HP Recommended

I just double checked inside an EliteBook 1030 G2 and it has a fan... Which generation is your PC?

1030 G21030 G2

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

The screws on the base are Torx T-5...

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

Thanks for bumping the thread.  Yes the G2 has a fan because it uses a different processor. Mine is G1 with core m7 and i'm pretty sure it's fanless.  I've been putting it off but will prepare it to be sent in.

HP Recommended

You are correct,  the 1030 G1 is fanless.  Please contact HP Technical Support and they will assist you.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.