Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8470p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have an HP Elitebook 8470p.  The mouse pointing stick and top set of buttons is not working.  I loaded the mot current drivers from Synoptics and still is not working, but the mouse pad and buttons are fine,

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  I downlaoded the driver -- installed it -- rebooted and the pointer and associated buttons are still not working.

Any other ideas?

Here is the dialog box from the control panel - MOUSE

Mouse.JPG

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Unfornately the same result.  Here is another screen shot.  Shouldn't the pointer be listed here?

Thanks very much for the help.  Anything else I can do?

Mouse1.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi! Same problem here.
Have You somehow solved it?

HP Recommended

Hello!

Same issue with the 8460P, this started after the new Windows10 fall creators update.

The top buttons and the stick are no longer working.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Sidhu

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

If wish I could tell you that someone found the answer - but no one has.

The touch pad does work so that is what I use.  Also the top two mouse buttons does not work either.  Took some time to get used to the touch pad only.

HP Recommended

Thats rediculous!

It was working fine till a week back before the fall update. Wonder what went wrong. Ill attempt a rollback and see if I can get it working again. 

Will keep you posted. Have tried all driver version as im sure you also have. None enable the top buttons and the touch stick!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.