Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elitebook 850 g6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Since the upgrade of the bios of my HP elitebook 850 G6 to the 1.07.02 bios i have a touchpad bug.

My touchpad has lag and freezes.

I did a roolback but the problem persists.

I have this problem in BIOS and in windows, so for me this problem is due to the bios update, not to the driver.

During the update I noticed that it was also updating the clickpad firmware ...that must be the problem.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @sdu425 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I guess it is probably not the BIOS the guilty one because just few hours ago I updated the BIOS of the very same computer 850 G6 to the latest 1.07.02, running it on old Windows 10 1903. Didn't notice any issues.

You do mean touchpad, don't you ?

• Have you updated all the drivers including Touchpad drivers ?
Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

hello,

yes, here is my touchpad:

sdu425_0-1605694905042.png

I installed HP Image Assistant and installed all the driver updates (touchpad drivers was already up to date).
For me it is not a problem of drivers because I have the problem also in the bios.
I tried a rollback to the previous Bios but the problem is still there.
For me it is an update of a firmware during the bios update which causes this problem.
I saw that during the update the setup updates the clickpad firmware ...

HP Recommended

Hello @sdu425 

Could you make 1-2 videos of your problems, upload them somewhere (like in Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, etc) and post a link here so that I can see it ?  Please, show the problem in Windows and in the BIOS.

I will also like to request a log file from you. You will receive a private message soon, please check it out.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you for the provided information, @sdu425 

I will look into it and will reply in the following days. Please, allow me several days

HP Recommended

During the Bios upgrade the firmware of the click pad is updated (see below).
I think the problem is there.
But it is not possible to downgrade this firmware by reinstating the old Bios.

IMG_20201121_184151.jpg

HP Recommended

Thank you for your comments. I did review your log files you provided but I need more time to research this issue.

I will post back next week once I have something more concrete.

HP Recommended

I inslalled the sp102147.exe (Synaptics Mouse Firmware Update Utility).
The touchpad / clickpad was reflashed but the problem is still there...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.