Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2

Hi guys,

I found many issues here about the Sure View on newer models but nothing about my model and dont know exactly if it was the same problem.

I open my laptop yesterday and the Sure View screen was ON. So I pressed the button for Sure View and it was still ON.

So I tried to restart, uninstal and instal driveres, took the last version of Win 10 update back and its still ON.
In Bios its also switched not to be permanently on. So the last thing is to try to try the factory reset but I am little bit afraid that it will not help and it is a hardware problem. But I would like to ask if you dont know about a software solution to TURN IT OFF so I could try it before the last steps. Or if you found a solution how to fix it, that would be really great 😄

Cheers Jirka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Although it could be a hardware issue, i would try to run HP Image Assistant first and update the BIOS (first and foremost) and all drivers it suggests... The Sure View panel is managed by the BIOS with help from the Hotkeys Softpaq for handling the brightness levels

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Although it could be a hardware issue, i would try to run HP Image Assistant first and update the BIOS (first and foremost) and all drivers it suggests... The Sure View panel is managed by the BIOS with help from the Hotkeys Softpaq for handling the brightness levels

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

thank you for quick reply and help. I dindt know the Image Assistant before, so thank you for that. 

I updated what I could (I cant update the BIOS because its probably not suiatable for my version, see screen (it doesnt want to show the screen, dont know why 😞 ), but i still have the same problem with Sure View. Any other idea :-)?  Thx

HP Recommended

Hi Soccer_dan,

Your solution fixed it! I managed to update BIOS (in the old version it was for actualizations, so that was my problem with the actualization) and after that the "normal" screen is back :-).

Thx a lot mate.

Cheers.

Jirka

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.