Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8460p
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Can someone help me determine if Intel AMT has been enabled on my HP Elitebook  8460p (product number XU057UT#ABAM.)  It is my understanding to determine if AMT is enabled Intel Management & Security Status (IMSS) should be run.    To find IMSS I went to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads - HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - Driver Chipset.  Four programs were listed.  I don’t know which of these downloads contains Intel Management and Security Status (IMSS) for Elitebook 8460p running Win 7 64-bit. Can someone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It should be part of the Intel Management Engine Interface Driver.

See this link...

http://www.filefacts.com/intelr-management-and-security-status-info

Using the free file utility 7-Zip, I extracted the sp55757 IMEI driver from your notebook's support page to its driver folder.  I used that driver version because it had the newer date.

Upon opening the extracted driver folder, inside that folder are several other folders. 

One of them is labeled IMSS, and when I open that folder, I see the icon that is supposed to be placed in the system tray after you install the driver, according to that link I posted above.

Looks like a little blue key in a blue bordered white box.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul for a very clear concise response, I was very happy to receive it, the problem is it didn't work.  

After opening sp55757 with 7-Zip I found folder IMSS and in the folder an icon with a key in it.  I clicked on the icon and Intel Management and Security Status ran.

:generic:

There was  a check mark next to " Intel Management and Security Status will be available next time I log on to Windows."  I clicked OK,  rebooted and my notebook rebooted in about 15seconds.

:generic:

After Windows 7 Pro 64-bit started I found Intel Managemen and Security Status listed in the detail for the System tray  and show icons and notifictions was checked BUT I could not start the program,   Where's the Start button? 

:HalfEyes:  

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I would think that you would have to actually download and run the entire sp55757 file, and let the whole shebang install.

I just wanted to explore the file to make sure that IMSS installer package was present in the driver file.

If that is what you did, and it didn't work, then unfortunately, I don't know why, and don't know what to do about it.

On my HP business notebooks and desktop PC's, I don't want any of the AMT software, so I just browse to the driver folder and install the devices that need the drivers (PCI Serial Port, and PCI Simple Communications Controller).

I do the same thing for the 3D driveguard driver since I have SSD's in my PC's.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.