Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBOOK 15 G2 WIN 7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I need to enable hardware virtualization on a HP ZBOOK 15 G2 WIN 7 64 edition laptop.

This is for running Oracle's VirtualBox.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello GNV

Welcome and Thank you for posting your query on HP Support Forum

Please follow the steps given below:

1. Boot the unit to BIOS (Reboot the unit and keep tapping on F10).

2. Navigate to Advanced>Device Configuration> Click on the check box Virtualization Technology (VTx) and Virtualization         Technology for Directed I/O (VTd)

3. Save changes and Exit.

ZBook 15 G2.JPG

****Click the Kudos Button on left to say Thanks****
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,
K B T 86
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an HP Zbook Studio G3 and I have tried for several hours to activate Inter Virtualization Technology. However, my BIOS interface is different from that shown in your picture. In fact I do not have the option "Device Configuration" anywhere!

I would highly appreciate it if you could please tell me where to go in order to enable that technology.

Best regards

HP Recommended

There is a VTx BIOS menu for ZBook Studio G3. Please go to F10 Setup > Advanced > System Options. You can find "Virtualization Technology (VTx) menu.

I work for HP. All opinions and comments are my own.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.