Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Edit This mac address and embedded MAC edit this 000000 optionEdit This mac address and embedded MAC edit this 000000 option

This error is showin g in HP PCThis error is showin g in HP PC

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Did you replace the Motherboard?

I had some issues like this on a couple of PCs and typed in the Mac Address which I found on a Label in the PC, might have been under the Hard Drive.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended
dear sir, no need to replaced motherboard please connect network cable and and showing bios screen mac address this mac address retype only issue is till resolved
HP Recommended

I've got the same error following system board replacement on a Probook 440 G5 after I configured it with DMI info and HP helpdesk didn't know about this error. I looked over Host based MAC address in the BIOS and changed it with the embedded one but it didn't work . Still getting same error..So HP is sending me there with another system board. Will try again with the fix I found bellow before to replace the system board again. 

HP Recommended

I found a fix from HP Channel Services Network. System board must be unlocked to be able to fix the missing HBMA issue .  Go to Advanced tab, Host Based MAC ADDRESS  has to put from disabled to System, input MAC ADDRESS then F!10 to save settings. This should be resolve the issue now. 

HP Recommended

If you have CSN Access there are instructions on how to resolve the issue on the web page where you download the tool.

If I recall correctly you cannot lock the MPM until you resolve the HBMA Issue, (tool will not let you).

The DMI Information Sticker should also have the original MAC Address printed on it, (look under the Hard Drive).

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.