Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook x360 1040 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello @all,

i bought the Elitebook x360 1040 G6 two weeks ago. No i got a bios update from HP suport center.

After that update it's impossible to work concentrated, because the fans are so anoying!

Why did you made this change? No i got the notebook and can't bring it back. Im relly frustrated.

Isn't it possible to implement a "silent Mode" and "High-performance" mode  in Windows? So that speed of CPU is reduced for silent operation?

Is there a new bios update  in pipeline which solves this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Ok first things first, the EliteBook x360 1040 g6, has a few problems with the fan speed, battery usage, sleep mode etc., but it seems there is a solution.....

I have my EliteBook now for 5 weeks and I think, I reinstalled the operating system 7 times, but now it works like a charm, so here is what I did to get the device working quietly and with awesome battery performance.

1. Install the newest version of the BIOS: HP R90 Ver. 01.04.02, 02.01.2020
  2. Go to the UEFI Settings and enable all power and battery related settings, except the boost converter
  3. Install a blank copy of windows, but do not connect to the internet
  4. Install the newest drivers from HP
  5. Install the newest drivers, that windows can find
  6. Open the Power settings and check whether the power plan HP optimized is available (The plan is installed by the driver "standard settings for windows")
  7. If it is available continue to the next point, if not try to reinstall the HP standard settings for windows again, also try rebooting
  8. Open the registry and go to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  9. change the value of CSEnabled from 1 to 0
  10. Reboot
  11. go to the power plan configuration of the HP optimized power plan 
  12. change the cooling setting from active to passive for charging mode
  13. set the maximum CPU power to 99% for both 
  14. change the PCIe power saving to disabled for both
  15. save the settings
  16. Open the registry and go to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
  17. change the value of CSEnabled from 0 to 1
  18. Reboot

Finished

Hopefully that will get you a perfectly working machine.

At least that’s what it did for me, after I was thinking about sending it back for like a thousand times.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.