Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Fury 16 G9 Mobile Workstation PC (609L6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Dear HP team,

From the time the laptop was bought there is a short, strange noise upon fans start. It reminds the noise of an old HDD but much louder and sometimes can be heard as a kick. After the start the fans are relatively quiet and quickly turn off.

The dealer replaced the original fans with new ones, but this noise remains unchanged. They explained this could be because of the metal, respectively heavy, fans blades.

When you work in a calm environment and fans constantly turn on and off, it can be quite annoying.

Please, kindly reply to these questions:

1. Is there a solution this noise to be eliminated?
  2. If it’s normal, how can be set a min fans speed without being turned off?

It’s possible to be set in BIOS the fans to be constantly on when the system is plugged-in but in this case, they spin at a higher speed and there is no option to be decreased.

Thank you in advance for your support.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello

I read about same issue with several other G9 notebooks. Elitebook 8xx , 1040 xxx , the solution was a BIOS update released in December.

I guess a new BIOS update should arrive also for this HP ZBook Fury 16 G9.

Keep your eyes on this support page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-zbook-fury-16-g9-mobile-workstation-pc/210118937... 

and let us know if a future BIOS updates helps on tis issue.

bye

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I'll be checking about a BIOS update.

Frankly speaking I didn't expect such noise from HP top laptop.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.