Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre-x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought my Spectre-x360 in U.S. and have moved to India last year. My notebook's fan stopped working and it shows 90B error. I am unable to get any support either from U.S. or India. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ansh1107

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

This error message occurs to help prevent costly damage to the computer.

To fix this error, use the following steps:

1. If you notice that the system fan spins and is blowing warm air from the computer, clean the exterior vents to remove dust buildup by blowing air through the vent openings. Do this while the computer is off. Dust can accumulate inside the vent opening and around internal cooling components, preventing the removal of heat. After dust has been removed, try turning on the computer to see if the error goes away. if not, continue to the next step.

For more information on reducing heat inside your computer, see Reducing Heat Inside the PC.

2. Perform a hard reset. Performing a hard reset can reset recorded thermal values in memory and enable you to use the computer again — even if only for a short time to access and save any important files before service. For information on performing a hard reset, see Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues.

3. In some cases, updating the BIOS may help prevent this error from occurring. For information on how to update your BIOS, see Updating the BIOS.

4. Have the computer serviced to clean internal components and replace the system fan if necessary? Ensure that the following items are addressed during servicing:

• Thoroughly remove dust from all internal cooling components.

• Ensure that wires from the system and CPU fans are connected to the motherboard securely.

• Ensure that the system fan blades spin correctly and that the fan is not producing loud noises. If not working correctly, replace the system fan.

• Remove old thermal compound from integrated circuits and heat sinks, and replace with new thermal compound.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.