Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I need help locating an office or department to file a formal complaint with HP.  I purchased a HP Laptop 17z touch optional in September of 2017.  Today when I attempted to close the top of the computer I heard a crunching noise and immediately determined that the left hinge on the computer was broken.  I called technical support and was told my computer warrenty expired 11 days ago (coincidental?).  Suspecting  this already I asked if there was any way HP would pick up the cost of repair since I was 11 days outside of the warrenty.  I couldn't image HP not standing by a product that is only a year old, regardless if it is outside the warrenty.  There is no way my hinge on my computer should be broken after a year of use.  Either I have a lemon or HP is building it computers with cheap substandard components.  I was told my the HP technical rep there was nothing they could do.  I then asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervior was more helpful and sent me to the out-of-warrenty department.  I explained my issue again.  The out-of-warrenty department said there was nothing they could do and suggested I go to one of their authorized store, have it fixed and before paying for the service, call HP and extend my warrenty.  I just simply get over that I have to pay to fix a computer that is only a year old, especially when I did nothing, other then opening and closing the computer to cause the damage.

Does any know the process for filing an offical complaint with HP?   I will be filing complaints with the Better Business Burearu and my state's Consumer Protection Agency.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Fannomore

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello I purchased my laptop hp envy 15 roughly 5 to 6 years ago. It was top line. It came with all the bells and whistles. Touch screen, fingerprint scanner logon, etc. I sent about $1400 at the time. To date I have been very satisfied with my purchase. After all spending $1400 on a laptop is an investment that one looks to enjoy for years to come. I have only had to ship my laptop in once for the screen and hp took care of it. Because of the care of service I have had, and thus far good service I have encouraged family members, friends, and even my personal business have purchased laptops from hp. My recent dilemma with HP however is due in large part because of a particular part that I need for my laptop now because my screen is detaching from the back cover and the hinge appears to be broken or damaged or messed up due to normal wear and tear. I took it to a service center to have them replace and fix it but they say that HP has considered the laptop obsolete and are no longer making parts for this unit no more. I called HP myself personally and spoke with a support representative and explain my situation and I was able to really get nowhere. I asked if there was a customer buy back program of some sort or some kind of way HP could fix my unit but ended up running into a dead end. My laptop is not damaged or dropped it's just normal everyday usage. I informed the agent that no one spends roughly $1,500 on a laptop only to get five years use of it and then turn around and go and drop another $1,500 on another laptop as if it's a $349 unit. this laptop that I have now still has some good use and long life left in it. I'm not sure what else to do at this point,  but if this is to be expected of hp going forward, then I think I'm done with investing and recommending products for hp.  if there is anything I'm missing or another department that can help handle or fix my situation please let me know.

HP Recommended

@BobCat32

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.