Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP - 17-an101na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen laptop which I purchased 07-12-2018.

Early December 2020 the laptops battery developed a fault. I contacted the technical support team and the operative shipped out a new battery. He then put me through to the sales department who sold me a 2 year extended warranty.

Last November 2021, the battery developed a fault again along with bleeding from the screen on startup, so I thought I may as well get Christmas out of the way before I book in the repair as I needed the laptop over xmas. After xmas I logged in to book in the repair only to find out the laptop is now out of warranty. I phoned up HP on 04-01-2022 and the guy in the support dept said he'd deal with it and get back to me within 48 hours. No correspondence happened. I've just spent nearly 2 hours speaking with numerous departments only to be told that the 3 year care pack that was sold to me was only 1 EXTRA year, and this would've been explained to me. I said it obviously wasn't as I would've booked in the repair in November. There is no expiration date on the invoice. I even managed to track down the agent who sold me the care pack and he claims he explained it to me and maybe I mis-understood...I didn't.

He said my only option is to google HP complaint form and file a complaint. Yeah, good luck with that. No complaint form exists.

Can someone direct me to a link that I can actually make a complaint about the way this has been handled and the agent who sold me the care pack. HP are not budging and have offered me 20% off repair which comes to £366...but why should I pay anything, as far as I was concerned, when the laptop developed the faults it was still in warranty, and it actually was. Just wish I'd booked it in in November

If the agents in call centres have to be employed from other countries, they should ensure they speak fluent English and not pigeon English as after speaking to the agent today, it's clear that if he didn't say the 2 year warranty was from the date that I purchased it, that's how he explained it to me, so why I didn't book repair in November 2021

Any help is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Can no one help? Not even an employee of HP??????

HP Recommended

@Bashyman

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I've sent you the required information nearly a week ago with no update. Can you please update

HP Recommended

If anyone needs to complain about the service they receive from HP...don't hold your breathe. Full of promises that someone will look into it and be in contact, chase it up for weeks just to be ignored. Disappointing. Family of 4 who own 3 HP laptops, a HP PC and 2 HP Printers...that's what you get for wrongly believing in a brand...Dell in the future for me!!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.