cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
Miekss
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Finger print isn't working on Windows 10, not compatible with Windows Hello

HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15U G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There's a finger print scanner available on my laptop, but I can't install it. It says that there isn't found a fingerprint scanner plus  it is not compatible with Windows Hello. 

I searched on the internet that there's a program/software needed called: VeriSoft Access Manager or something else. This software isn't installed on my laptop.

Anyone who can help me?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 865 74 130
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The fingerprint reader on the zbook is certainly supported under Windows Hello... So, i would make sure the BIOS and drivers are up to date first... run HP Image Assistant and install/update all it suggests

Then, look in the Windows Device Manager and look for the FP reader under 'Biometrics devices'... You should have a Synaptics device

Please, also detail how is it 'not working'...

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation