Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have windows 10 Ent, build 15063.608 (joined corp domain) on HP 840G3 laptop and trying to setup fingerprint login under Windows Hello. But the setup screen constantly showing "device can not recognize my print"...screenshots attached.

I did updated the fingerprint sensor driver to the latest available. Screenshot attached as well.

Suggestions?

Error1.PNGError2.PNGFP Driver.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Please find the steps below
1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.

2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on Set up for Fingerprint under Windows Hello on the right side.
3. Click/tap on Get started. (see screenshot below)
4. Enter your PIN to verify it's you. (see screenshot below)
5. Scan your finger on the fingerprint reader. You will need to scan your finger a few times to set up with Windows Hello. (see screenshots below)

6. When all set, click/tap on Close, or click/tap on Add another and go to step 5 above. (see screenshot below)

Debashish
I am an HP Employee
If the information I've provided was helpful,
give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

HP Recommended
Sorry, donot think you read my post properly
HP Recommended

hi same here. fingerprint reader always worked great but a couple of weeks ago it dint function anymore, same message as you.

I got it workin again.

-remove te fingerpint driver thru device( in dutch Apparaatbeheer) Biomethric devices. remove device.

-restart

- reinstall the following devices(choose remove then reinstall)

-restart

-sp71719 Realtek USB and PCIe Media Card Reader Drivers

-restart

-sp71839 HP 3D DriveGuard Software

-restart

-sp81058 fingerprintdriver

-restart.

I dont know which is responsible for the correct working of the fingerprint driver. Just keep reinstalling all driver updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.