Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 245 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everybody,

Which is the Driver to the unknown device acpi\amd0030\0 in the HP 245 G7 Notebook PC?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the driver you need below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click on the acpi\amd0030\0 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the unzipped driver folder.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have zipped up and attached the driver you need below.

Download and unzip the file to its folder.

Do not do anything with the files in the folder.

Go to the device manager, click on the acpi\amd0030\0 device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the unzipped driver folder.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thank you Paul. 

The device was updated and identified as "AMD GPIO Controller".

You save me too much time because I working to set 5 of this machines for a business of 20k units for an Education Entity in Colombia.

Best regards

Muchas gracias parcero!!!!

HP Recommended

De Nada.

Here's the problem...AMD throws so many device drivers into their driver exe file that some of them fail to auto install, such as the one you had issues with.

I wanted to simplify the process for you.

That driver is actually in the graphics driver folder after it is created in the C:\SWsetup folder.

So after you run the graphics driver if there are some odd ball devices remaining such as that one, you can do the above steps, but browse to C:\SWSetup\sp93348, make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the drivers should install for any devices serviced by that driver file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.