Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Under Linux 5.18.8 there are random reboots after standby. BIOS version F.26

HP Recommended

My laptop HP 255 G8 Ryzen 5 5500U.

All the same. Restarts after sleep on windows 10, windows 11, linux manjaro and fedora linux 36.

HP Recommended

4 days ago I installed Windows 10 cleanly again, installed all the updates and drivers from the Windows Update Center, but this time I did not install all drivers from AMD software adrenalin edition, only latest gpu driver.  Previously, on Windows 10 and 11, I installed all drivers from AMD software adrenalin edition with software and there were rebootsI've been experimenting all these days on Windows 10 and reboots are gone.

My bios is f25, all bios settings are default, only tpm is off.

Today I installed Fedora Linux 36 as the second system, and here, after waking up from sleep, I immediately caught a reboot.

So maybe reboots are due to amd power saving settings, that are installed with the drivers, from the amd software adrenalin edition, but then why does this happen on linux, I can't understand,

I hope this information will be useful for someone.

HP Recommended

Same issue here. Bought 1 week ago. Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Unfortuntately, I can confirm this issue also. HP really needs to fix this, the Video from OP ist freaking 6 Months old.. thats not okay for such a cirtital bug.

I am using Windows 11 22H2 Enterprise.

BIOS F27

HP Recommended

put your laptop in sleep, start it again and start an youtube video right after. see if it crashes.

Thats what causes a crash on mine immediately

HP Recommended

Have you installed any virtualization software like Docker? In this case no related issue.

HP Recommended

then there we might have the reason why it does not happen to you.

Enable virtualization in BIOS and see if it starts crashing when its enabled.

HP Recommended

@ChuteBoxe may have also confirmed the reboots are driver related as I suspected in my earlier post. I'm going to at least try uninstalling AMD Adrenalin and all my AMD drivers at some point and letting them reinstall from Windows Update to see if there's a difference.

HP Recommended

In my case, the pc crash after resume ONLY with Docker installed.

When I remove the software and leave the virtualization at bios enabled, I don’t have any issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.