Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-08-2022 08:51 AM - last edited on 05-23-2022 10:31 AM by JessikaV
I recently purchased a HP 255 G8 with a Ryzen 5500 and i have the following problem. When ever i start the laptop everything is fine and dendy. I can work for as long as i want and everything is fine. But as soon as i set my laptop to sleep e.g. by closing the lid and after waking the laptop up again, after a while the laptop randomly restarts. Here is a video of the described behaviour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-G9M1vDD9g
I have already tried what ever i could find in the forum. Downloading the latest drivers. Let Windows update everything. Run the HP support software. Upgrade the Bios. Downgrade the Bios (site note: the laptop comes with a firmware bios version of F26 while the latest BIOS on the support site is F25 so i assume the support site is not updated properly and needs an update. I also guess the driver needs an update from the developer team to fix this behaviour.)
This both happens on Windows 10 and on Linux (ubuntu) which leads me to the conclusion that there is a need for HP to update the BIOS or Driver. I have read that there are multiple people with this issue. I also contacted the reseller to get a new unit. The new unit has the exact same problem. It seems the entire HP 255 G8 line up has this problem. Is there anything i can do or was someone able to fix this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-01-2022 10:57 AM
Is there any fix or workaround someone knows already? I have exactly the same problem on Windows 11 with the same computer and it is quite annoying if you use sleep mode a lot. Is HP already aware of this and are there any fixes in sight? Do you have any way of reproducing it? In my case it seems to happen quite often when I watch youtube and scroll through videos (after sleep mode). Anyone else notice something similar? If we can construct some way of reproducing this random reboot more reliably I bet it will be fixed faster...
05-02-2022 12:33 AM
It happens to me like it happens to you... I wake the device from sleep, open the browser/any app internet-based, try to use it and the pc crashes... It's getting really annoying and I can't believe my eyes HP hasn't fixed this issue yet. I even tried on both Windows 10 and 11, same exact issue.
05-02-2022 07:46 AM - edited 05-08-2022 05:21 AM
I have the same issue. My notebook HP 255 G8 with AMD Ryzen 3 5300U, I bought it in November 2021. It randomly restart after waking up. I use Linux UBUNTU 21.10.
- I tested waking up in Windows 10 a I didn't find this issue -- it works correct. The windows is not my main operating system, so I tested this issue about 10-times and no problem was observed.
I tested this issue in Ubuntu 22.04 and I observed:
- start notebook, login, start Firefox, play a video from youtube, close the notebook or send a command for sleep. After wake up the notebook restarted in an interval in a few seconds to about 1 minute, always!
- The same situation but wihout playing a video when the notebook is closed. In this situation, the wake up was correct.
- I tested this issue in Live Ubuntu 20.04 without this issue. Big note, this version Ubuntu has not a appropriate driver fro graphics card Radeon.
05-04-2022 12:24 PM
Same sh* here.
I did a lot and called HP...
HP (second level) refers to:
- use HP Image Assistant -> doesn't support this model
- use HP Support Assistant -> check for updates
- reinstall Windows 😄 😄 😄
- uninstall graphic driver and use windows update to reinstall
- disable "Fast Boot" in BIOS and Windows settings (there is no! BIOS option)
- send notebook for RMA and replace mainboard...
There's nothing that helps!
We need an BIOS update to fix this issue asap.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community