Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 2560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an elitebook 2560p running 64bit windows 10. The hotkeys are not working and I have combed through previous discussions to troubleshoot to no avail. Can anyone please assist me on getting this set up? Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello

that model is 8 or 9 years old,  I guess you will never find a solution for the hotkeys if they don't work after windows update.

bye

HP Recommended

Hi, @MMillon 

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the W10 hotkey driver from the 2570p...

5.0.28.1   Jul 9, 2015

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71790.exe

HP Recommended

Do i have to do anything once it's downloaded and installed?

HP Recommended

Not that I know of.

It will either work the Fn keys on W10, or it won't.

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W10, so anything we try on unsupported platforms is pure experimentation.

HP Recommended

Could be worth seeing if the hotkey drivers exist for windows 8 and installing those they should be closer than the 2570? id have thought if there were windows 8 drivers they might work. otherwise as Paul says no chance 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.