Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been playing with keeping our drivers up to date with the HPIA. I am running this in PDQ Deploy via command line.

".\HPImageAssistant.exe" /Operation:Analyze /Category:All /Selection:All /Action:Install /SoftpaqDownloadFolder:C:\temp\HPIA /Silent /ReportFolder:C:\Logs /BIOSPwdFile:.\password.bin>

I noticed that it would widdle away 2-3 drivers every time I ran it, so I decided to watch the download folder. Looks like many files will download, then disappear. GIF below to demonstrate this. sp94989 downloads, finishes, disappears, then sp98820 starts which does the same thing. I ran the GUI (but didn't install) and there were 14 updates available. After running the command, rebooting, and running the GUI again there are still 14, so this time it didn't run any but as you can see it should have, it even extracted one.

Anyone else have this issue? What command are you running if it's working properly?

HPIA.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Version 4.1.2 .1does not seem to be affected.

Version 4.2.4.1 has download problems in GUI and CLI mode. They started this month.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It appears that this happens when using the GUI too

HP Recommended

It is since last week.

the tool has kind of checksum error and repeats the download 3 times.

Manual Download with a Browser does work.

HP Recommended

Version 4.1.2 .1does not seem to be affected.

Version 4.2.4.1 has download problems in GUI and CLI mode. They started this month.

HP Recommended

So it appears to be a bug in 4.2.4.1.  Thanks all!

HP Recommended

I can confirm that 4.1.2 works.  Tried the same SP as in the gif and it works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.