Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Could you please advise on the issue of power button mulfunstion on these laptops. The power button just get stuck and when that happen you cannot power on/off the laptop.

I have 5 cases already of the same problem (the way this are going I am expecting to be logging more of these faults).

[edited]

Given that we have about 25 of these laptops I have tried getting hold of someone from HP here (South Africa) but have been informed that there is no one on the ground in SA available to attend customer/business issues.

To add further frustration I got this communication on the 15th of September 2017

"Good day

In regards to the service call that you have placed with HP. Please be aware that the needed part for the repair is not available at the moment. Our Material Exception Team provided a tentative date of arrival 03-October-2017.

I have escalated the part for an earlier delivery."

Your guidance on this matter will be much appriciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@LukXyro

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thanks Kev,

Got the PM and responded.

HP Recommended

We are seeing this same issue.  What is the resolution?

HP Recommended

I work in education and our school has 15 of the Probook 455 G4 model which has the same power button assembly. The probooks are around 18 months into service. Last week the power button on 2 of them became stuck. During disassembly both probooks had a tiny concave disc fall out onto the workbench which I put to the side. Once the power button boards were removed I could see that the yellow square tape used to afix the concave disc to the power button board had migrated slightly allowing the disc to fall free. I was able to re-apply fresh tape and the power button now clicks again and the probooks booted normally. I have added a stock photo of the board showing the tape and disc in place.

image001.png

It seems to me that not enough tape was used to afix the clicking disc to the board or the batch of tape used not sticky enough. Hopefully this has been addressed in later models in the series.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.