Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have installed Backlit Keyboard on my HP ProBook 450 G4 Notebook,  but the light does not work.

My Notebook's BIOS does not have "Backlit keyboard timeout" option, which I think may be needed for the Backlit function to work. I have checked in my Notebook's Specifications online, that the Backlit Keyboard is Optional, and also, my Notebook has the Connector for Backlit Keyboard. We have changed the Keyboard and now all Keys work, but the Light does not work. 

What else do I need to have the Backlit working?

Where can I e-mail to have my Issue solved?

Thanks in advance.

Product name: HP ProBook 450 G4

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Yervand 

That is an option. Did you buy your machine with backlit keyboard option ? Does it have a key with backlit icon/symbol (normally f5) ? Did it come with Windows 10 or you upgraded it ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien

Thanks for your reply.

Originally it did not have the Backlit, but I have read that there are Models that have the Option. I found in my Notebook's Specifications that the Backlit is optional. I bought Backlit Keyboard with that Backlit symbol on F3 key and changed my Keyboard with the new one. My Notebook has the keyboard Connector for Backlit.

I thought if the Notebook has the Connector and the Backlit is optional for these Models, it may work on my machine, too.

I bought it with Windows 10 already installed.

Regards,

Yervand

HP Recommended

My issue is already solved and the Backlit Option works.

The problem was that the Connector for the Backlit Option was not connected correct. That should have been connected ny opposite side.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.