Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP ProBook 450 high memory utilization is running constantly at 86% with only the basic applications running such as Outlook and web browsers. This is happening on many laptops of the same hardware in my company. Even after a fresh install and basic applications installed. Machines have 8 gigs of memory installed with SSD drives

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you go into Task Manager you should be able to see what processes or services are using the memory.

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

All machines is only basic applications

HP Recommended

I understand. If you go to Task Manager and click on the memory tab you should be able to see what is using the RAM

Example:

ram usage.PNGYou could also see in performanceTAB what the RAM situation is

Regards,

David

HP Recommended

Capture2.PNG

HP Recommended

About ten machines the same thing is happening only a couple of basic applications. Even after a reinstall 

HP Recommended

Can you click on memory at the top of list so we can get a better view of what is being used. You can see that 3.2GB is being used only by the appplications you have open. If you click on memory at topof list we will be able to see if the system services and processes are using a lot of RAM.

Memory will also be used based on the amount of memory available. So, if you had 4Gb the computer would use less and be slower. If you have more such as 16GB as in my case, you can see that with Firefox open and one other application the notebook is using 6.7GB

HP Recommended

Capture3.PNG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.