Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a HP Probook 450 G4 and would like to know if it´s possible to recharge it´s battery with the HP USB-C Dock G4. If yes, with what cable should I do it.

Thank you,

João

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The dock includes a wall cable, AC adapter and USB-C cable to connect it to the notebook.

However, QuickSpecs implies that the official 'dock' for your system appears to be the 3001pr and 3005pr USB 3.0 port replicators, which have to be used with the notebook's charger. Often, notebooks like yours that are not supplied with a USB-C power adapter will not charge from USB-C - and as well as not charging, there might be other issues with a USB-C dock on your system if it is not officially supported.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The dock includes a wall cable, AC adapter and USB-C cable to connect it to the notebook.

However, QuickSpecs implies that the official 'dock' for your system appears to be the 3001pr and 3005pr USB 3.0 port replicators, which have to be used with the notebook's charger. Often, notebooks like yours that are not supplied with a USB-C power adapter will not charge from USB-C - and as well as not charging, there might be other issues with a USB-C dock on your system if it is not officially supported.

HP Recommended

Thanks David for the help. I have been wrongly advised by the seller about the proper dock station to my notebook. Should have been one of the docks 3001 or 3005 like you said.

Best regards,

João

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.