Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook 470 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys!

I have an HP Probook 470 G5 laptop (model 2UB67EA) with Windows 10 Pro and I have a problem with the laptop fan. Sometimes when I wake the laptop from sleep mode, the fan starts working 100% and it won't stop unless I turn off the computer and start it again (restart won't solve the problem).  Some details are:

1) I don't remember exactly when it started (must be around 4-5 months now) - so maybe it began after some driver update.

2) Previously with the same model there was a problem with the CPU running at 25% constantly, probably coming from the Conexany Audio Driver (as far as I know from some google searching), which is solved now but maybe this triggered the problem with the fan - I am not 100% sure but I think the laptop didn't have this problem when I bought it

3) I have tried to identify when this happens exactly, because it doesn't happen every time I wake it up from sleep mode. I have made some trials from time to time putting it in sleep mode and waking it up consecutively for many times and everything works fine and then at some other random occasion the fan starts working 100% after sleep mode. So I am not sure what's the root of the problem or if there is any pattern describing this occurence 

I have also read some things on google with no success so far eg. reinstalled BIOS, played with some settings on control panel but the problem still exists. Could be a fault driver I reckon.

Anyone else having the same problem? Anyone maybe found a solution?

Thank you in advance!

Andreas

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just to try something, go to c:\windows\system32 and rename mictray64.exe to mictray64.exe.old or something and reboot. You might have to kill mictray64 in task manager before it will let you do that. Go like that for a few days and see if it stops the 100% fan. That ended up being our issue when we were dealing with the audio driver issue with sleep. All that breaks is the mic mute button on the keyboard. 

HP Recommended

Dear Ju1c3,

thank you very much for your response! 

I searched a bit about this app, and they say it could be a potential security breach issue (for some HP models, it creates a .log file with everything you have typed). Fortunately, my laptop is not indicated among the affected models and also I don't have such a log file in my system. I have the app though, which is running in my system (at 0-0.1%). Noone seems to complain about this app and fan issues as far as I searched, but maybe it's responsible for the problem. 

Since I didn't have any fan issues since I wrote this post, I will let things as it is. The next time it happens, I will try your recommendation! (or delete it altogether as many people suggest due to the security issues)

Best regards,

Andreas 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.