Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre 15 x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,
I've recently had a swollen battery repaired by HP. This had caused damage to the outer-casing of the laptop as well as the touchpad/keyboard.
I've been trying to identify the cause so I can reduce the chance of this happening again.
It appears that overheating may be a cause of such. 
I have been checking my notebook's temperature since repair.
It has been idling between 55-70 degrees Celcius. When using certain applications, it reached temperatures of 85-90+.
I performed a thermal stress test, and these were my results:

Start Temperature: 71, 69, 64, 64, 62, 62, 61, 61
End Temperature: 87, 87, 87, 88, 84, 84, 88, 88

I have undertaken the recommended procedures: cleaning vents, checking for updated BIOS/drivers, ensuring space and a hard surface etc. 
Is this reason for concern? I don't know how else to reduce my notebook's temperature even when it is hardly utilising the CPU.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ai_Ex

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and efforts in trying to resolve this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for repair again or if you have the Service Center Number you can contact them directly

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ai_Ex

Welcome to HP Support Community

I understand your concerns and efforts in trying to resolve this issue

At this point I suggest you contact HP Support for repair again or if you have the Service Center Number you can contact them directly

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.