Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11 Pro G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I work for a school system that is testing out the HP Stream 11 Pro G4 to see if it would be a viable device option for our students. We currently have 108 Streams that we have on loan to test... over a 3 month window 9 of those devices have had "bootable device not found" failures.

Is this a common fail rate for these devices? What fail rate percentage are most of you seeing? Are other people experiencing these same failures? What other issues are you having with these devices?

Thanks for your help!
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I have a Stream 11 Pro G4.

Mine is running W10 Pro (free upgrade from W10 S), and is running the latest build of W10 (v1809).

It has the Celeron N3450 (quad core).

The 1 year warranty is up at the end of this month.

I have not had any issues with it at all (knock on wood).

On the 9 devices where you are getting the 'boot device not found' error, are you able to reinstall W10 to correct the issue, or has the eMMC drive failed?

HP Recommended

On these 9 devices we have not been able to reinstall the OS due to the Hard Drive faliure... and you cannot simply swap the hard drive to test since it is built into the system board. 

HP Recommended

Yes, I am aware of that.

Well, I sure hope that doesn't happen to mine.

An 8.3% failure rate isn't good.

You certainly wouldn't want to fly in any planes with that kind of failure rate.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.