Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 455 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I can't see the HP Support Assistant icon in the system tray, although I have made the correct setting in the HP Support Assistant program.
The icon was there too, but I had to uninstall HP Support Assistant because it didn't start anymore. After the reinstallation the icon does not work anymore. Under Toolbars in the settings of the taskbar there is also no entry "HP Support Assistant".
The program asked me for a Quick Launchbar, which I answered with "Yes", but without success.
I would like to see this icon, what should I do?

Thank you very much. And have a nice Saturday.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@NB455 

Please try

(a) Hit Win key to open Menu,

(b) Locate HP Support Assistant,

(c) Right click > More  then select Pin to Taskbar

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you. But actually I mean the icon which was pinned on the right side of the taskbar (next to the system tray). As far as I know it is an additional toolbar.
If I pin the icon to the taskbar, does it have the same functionality as the icon that was shown as a toolbar?

HP Recommended

Hello,
I mean this symbol. Is there a possibility to get the icon back on the taskbar. In the settings, activating the icon does not bring a solution.
Thank you and have a nice day.

Screenshot 2020-11-10 095348.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.