Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 830 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I was trying to use HP Sure Recover to reinstall windows.

It automatically detects the operating system is missing, and starts the recovery process.

It connects fine to the internet, but then, after booting some sort of Windows Pre-Installation it displays the following error message, and it's unable to proceed:

"Unable to locate region-specific recovery image for this system due to configuration error."

HP Sure Recover (2.8.4.1)

HP_Error.jpg

I don't think there is much I can due to configure HP Sure Recover. The options are basicaly to have it on or off.

I think this is something of a problem on HP side.

I tried to contact the HP help line for my country (Portugal), but they didn't know what HP Sure Recover was, what it did, or why I was getting the error. Sadly they were unable to help me.

I am not sure how to get the attention of HP regarding this error.

I have read that other people faced the same problem, but no solution was provided, and they eneded up giving up.

I would like to see HP Sure Recover Working, and I want to know if there's something I can do to make it work, or if there's a way HP can be contacted about this, or inform me about this.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello

I used HP Sure Recovery with a 840 G5 last week, but in my case is not a Portuguese version.

It worked fin but at the and I got Windows 10 1903 , so Windows Update then downlaod and update to Windows 10 20H2.

Probably it's faster to create a USB Recovry media with Windows 10 20H2 using HP Cloud Recovery Agent, but you need a 32GB USB Key.

bye

HP Recommended

I just would like to see it working. I don't mind it updating to an earlier version of windows. As long as it gets windows going.

It seems to be a nice feature.

HP Recommended

Hello

it's a nice feature. I use it a lot.

you can find few videos, searching for "Sure Recover" on youtube , made by esalvotti.

I use it often, even with units with embedded security storage ,  a 32GB Emm dedicates storage available on units build with that device integrated in the factory.

I guess thta is your case it doesn't work probably due to portugues localization. Only HP can fix it, you may submit your case on HP Developer forum, may be you will have more support. : https://developers.hp.com/forums/client-management-solutions 

bye

HP Recommended

Thank you

I have followed your suggestion.

HP Recommended

Hello

could you please report the localization of you 830 G5 ?  

is it #AB9 ?   you find it under the notebook.

Thanks

bye

HP Recommended

Just a lousy idea: What happens if you choose "Brazil" as location. Then you have at least the correct language.

HP Recommended

I can't find any location information on the bottom of my laptop. The only # I see is in the SN (serial Number).

Can you show me a picture of where it could be, or what it is?

HP Recommended

It's not possible to select any localizations or languages, the whole process is automatic, at least until I get that error it is.

HP Recommended

Do not waste your time with a system that doesn't work!
Download the last "Media Creation Tool" from Microsoft and start a new Installation.
You have to know when it's time to go that way.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.