Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello

it's not a waste of time to understand if this is an issue of this unit of a specific localization.

Near the serial number there is written the product ID.

There are two possibilities:

if the unit has a product ID ending with AV , probably there in not localization written, example 2FZ85AV

if the unit ends with somethings else , example : 3JY04ET#AB9 .

AB9 is the localization for Portugal

for Brazil there are AC4 and AK4.

so if you confirm that you bought that unit in Portugal , it should be AB9 , vene if you can't read it under the notebook.

bye

HP Recommended

TryToDoMyBest I checked the product ID, it does end in AV.

There is no # after that.

Do you think that's the cause?

I wish someone from HP would chime in on this too. But no HP employees here it seems.

HP Recommended

Hello

I guess thatyou already installed Windows 10 in another way than usinh HP Sure Recover.

I understood that HP Sure Recover Agent read some parameters in the BIOS settings, some of them are read only and can't be modified by the users.

SO the HP Agent understand which is the platform in use, in you case on Elitebook 830 G5, which OS license  was sold with the unit (win 10 Pro, WIn 10 Home, FreeDOS)  and the laguage. With those information, HP Agent starts to download the correct wim file containing Windows 10 including you language.

As the localization is not written under the unit, the other way to know it is to reading from BIOS Settings.

if you  want to do it, you can use either HPBiosCOnfigUtility or HP ClientManagementScriptLIbrary to read the whole BIOS settin List or just the value "Build ID".    "Build  ID" contains also the OS localization.  

fro example a Build ID could be:  20WWISCT01#SABZ#DABZ  , in this case the localization is ABZ = Italian

Do you know such utilities ?

Do you want spend time to find what is in your notebook ?

Bye

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.