Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
2SY09EA#ACB
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Are all these products available for all laptops free of charge or only for Elite series? What about Probook 430?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

let me put some clarity on your question

HP Sure Start technology was developed by HP Labs and introduced on the EliteBook 9480m - the 1st product to have it... It is still the only technology that will automatically detect that the BIOS f/w may be compromised and will on its own restart the machine and reflash to a known good version

HP Sure Run was introduced in 2018 and uses the secure endpoint protection of Sure Start to monitor Windows 10 security services and applications (a set list) for being stopped by malware, and it will restart them on its own

HP Sure Recover was also introduced in 2018 and also uses the HP Sure Start endpoint secure protection to reimage itself either from an OEM image at hp.com or from a customer internal image

Both Sure Run and Sure Recover need to be properly configured, either with the HP Client Security Manager or with HP's MIK certified add-on to Microsoft's SCCM

HP Sure View is an optional panel that needs to be configured at purchase that enables a built-in privacy screen mode by pressing the F2 key as a toggle... the current version was introduces early in 2018 on the HP Elitebook x360 1030 g2 but has since been available on a good number of commercial laptops, and, i believe, recently on some consumer HP laptops as well

Sure Click is software- based protected browser initially supporting the Open Source Chromium browser, but also currently support IE 11 and Chrome and should soon support Firefox and Microsoft Edge... Sure Click creates a micro-VM when the user opens a tab and types a URL location so that all content the site sends to the page is protected in the memory space of the micro-VM... when the tab closes, the VM closes and any malware that may be present coming into that page goes away... this is free software from HP

HP Sure Start: Elitebooks, ZBooks, EliteDesk, Z desktops, Probook/prodesk 600 series G4 only and newer - NO 400 series currently

HP Sure Run: above models, except for any Pro models

HP Sure View: Most current laptops as option

HP Sure Click: majority of currently shipping 400, 600, 800, 1000 desktops and laptops and Z

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello

BIOSphere is available on h Probook 400 G4 and newer , not sure about previous generation.

It protects the BIOS. in case of BIOS corruption, at boot, there is a check if the BIOS is the HP original one. if it's not, the BIOS is overwritted by a good copy saved in a special area not accessibale by users or malware.

HP Sure Click is available for Probook 430 since G4. its' a softpaq you can download and install.

at this moment, latest version it's availabe at ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp94501-95000/sp94936.exe

bye

Sure Run : Elitebook 

Sure  Recover : Elitebook 

Sure Start: Elitebook and Probook 6x0 G4 and newer

Sure View : Elitebook and Probook 6x0 G4 and newer

HP Recommended

>> Sure Start: Elitebook and Probook 6x0 G4 and newer

>> Sure View : Elitebook and Probook 6x0 G4 and newer

430 G5 is newer than 6x0 G4 ? Where can I download the latest versions of SureStart/SureView?

HP Recommended

Hello

Sure View is hardware. it's a privacy filter embedded in the LCD. it can't be added after the notebook is built in tha facoty and is not available for Probook 430 Series. Minumum is Probook 600 Series G4.

SureStart is something in the BIOS. Probook 400 has a subset compared with the Sure Start available on Elitebook 700/800 and 1000 series. There is nothing to download. Just buy an Elitebook, now series G6.

bye

HP Recommended

Clear enogh. Thank you.

>>  Probook 400 has a subset compared with the Sure Start available on Elitebook 

subset means the same Sue Start with lower version? Or not the same? Where can I check the version of this stuff in my UEFI?

Where to read more about its features?

HP Recommended

Hello

subset means in this case that at Power-on , the Enbedded security controller verifies that the BIOS is HP and not corrupted by malware.

In case of corruption an HP valid BIOS is taken by a FlashROM accessible only  by the Embedded Security controller and the non valid BIOS is overwritten by the good one.

You should even find in BIOS Security TAB, the possibility to enable GTP backup, very useful in case a malware is ablwe to destroy the GPT partiton table

bye

HP Recommended

let me put some clarity on your question

HP Sure Start technology was developed by HP Labs and introduced on the EliteBook 9480m - the 1st product to have it... It is still the only technology that will automatically detect that the BIOS f/w may be compromised and will on its own restart the machine and reflash to a known good version

HP Sure Run was introduced in 2018 and uses the secure endpoint protection of Sure Start to monitor Windows 10 security services and applications (a set list) for being stopped by malware, and it will restart them on its own

HP Sure Recover was also introduced in 2018 and also uses the HP Sure Start endpoint secure protection to reimage itself either from an OEM image at hp.com or from a customer internal image

Both Sure Run and Sure Recover need to be properly configured, either with the HP Client Security Manager or with HP's MIK certified add-on to Microsoft's SCCM

HP Sure View is an optional panel that needs to be configured at purchase that enables a built-in privacy screen mode by pressing the F2 key as a toggle... the current version was introduces early in 2018 on the HP Elitebook x360 1030 g2 but has since been available on a good number of commercial laptops, and, i believe, recently on some consumer HP laptops as well

Sure Click is software- based protected browser initially supporting the Open Source Chromium browser, but also currently support IE 11 and Chrome and should soon support Firefox and Microsoft Edge... Sure Click creates a micro-VM when the user opens a tab and types a URL location so that all content the site sends to the page is protected in the memory space of the micro-VM... when the tab closes, the VM closes and any malware that may be present coming into that page goes away... this is free software from HP

HP Sure Start: Elitebooks, ZBooks, EliteDesk, Z desktops, Probook/prodesk 600 series G4 only and newer - NO 400 series currently

HP Sure Run: above models, except for any Pro models

HP Sure View: Most current laptops as option

HP Sure Click: majority of currently shipping 400, 600, 800, 1000 desktops and laptops and Z

HP Recommended

>> NO 400 series currently

what a pity! I guess 600 and 400 series are almost the same in design, why does that exclusion exist?

HP Recommended

HP Sure Start is a value add technology with a cost associated with its development and h/w required to implement... I suspect the 400 series might get Sure Start in the future, but currently that is a differentiation among the different families

HP Recommended

Hello

I have an HP ELITE X2 1013 G3 

Can you please  help me with the fact that I can't start because of not recognized my fingerprint or code? 

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.