Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1013 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

o all

I update windows to the 1909 version this morning. After rebooting, I discovered that HP SUre Click was in maintenance mode and does not run anylonger. The Sure Click console tells me taht HP Sure CLick neerd update to take the installed version of windows.

However, checking the support section of the HP site for the X2 1013 G3, I cannot find a new version for Sure Click taht the one I have installed (version 4.1.8.2387).

Where can I find an updated version of Sure Click which would be compatible with Windows 1909 and which would make it run again ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, the message I got from my favorite presales engineer at HP France is taht the current version of SureClick does not yet support 19.09.

I consequelty moved back to 19.03 and Sure click works again.

Would be nice to have a warning from HP when a windows update breaks the nice security features of HP notebooks and of course when a new release works. this would help at maintenining a stabel secure environment.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

After recently updating Windows 10 operating system, I'm also having the same issue with HP SureClick Version 4.1.8.2387 So I've now uninstalled  it until the update for Windows 10 V.1909 is available.

If you find a fix then let me know what you did.

Thanks,

FGC2

HP Recommended

I have the same problem! 

HP please help.

HP Recommended

Here's what I found out about HP SureClick Product Support:

Seems like it's in transition from ownership by Bromium and its acquisition by HP in September 2019.

Bromium acquisition by HP 

After the acquisition of Bromium by HP in Q4 2019, the Bromium Secure Platform will cease to exist after the 4.1 Update 8 release.  During 2020, Bromium Secure Platform will be replaced by HP Sure Click Advanced. 

Bromium will continue to release AppPacks and patches to Bromium Secure Platform during 2020 to support customers running 4.1 Update 8.  Additionally, the End of Life (EOL) has been extended to 12 months from day of release to allow customers to upgrade to 4.1.8 while evaluating and testing the updated HP Sure Click Advanced releases that will replace it.

End of Sale (EOS) / End of Life (EOL) Updates 

Per Bromium EOL policy, EOL is the process of discontinuing sales and maintenance for a specific version of the Product. EOS means that product is supported but customers are expected to try to replicate any reported issue on the current version of the software in your production environment.  Any fixes released will be applicable to the current version only. 

Updates to the Bromium EOL triggered by the 4.1.8 release are show below: 

https://support.bromium.com/s/article/Bromium-Secure-Platform-4-1-Update-8-Released

I hope that helps you to figure out what's happened here.

FGC2

HP Recommended

Well, the message I got from my favorite presales engineer at HP France is taht the current version of SureClick does not yet support 19.09.

I consequelty moved back to 19.03 and Sure click works again.

Would be nice to have a warning from HP when a windows update breaks the nice security features of HP notebooks and of course when a new release works. this would help at maintenining a stabel secure environment.

HP Recommended

From today HP Sure Click is working again on Windows 10 pro 1909, HP EliteBook 850 G6.

Thanks HP!

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I noticed the upload date was earlier today(11/18/2019)

and now...

I'm going to download it and attempt another reinstall of  the latest version of HP SureClick 4.1.8.2837 from

the vault at: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp99001-99500/sp99441.exe

and see if it will also work on my HP ProBook 650 G4 .

FGC2

HP Recommended

HP SureClick 4.1.8.2387 is Successully Installed now with Windows 10.0 Version 1909 on HP ProBook 650 G4

First, I had to reinstall the earlier HP SureClick version (4.1.7) which I had previously downloaded and saved a copy.

HP SureClick Desktop Console automagically updated it to 4.1.8.2387 and then initialized it for use.

FGC2

HP_Sure_Click_Reinstall_20191118.png

HP Recommended

I noticed a different issue with the latest version of HP Sure Click 4.1.8.2387 using Windows 10.0 1909:

Apparently, a  Microsoft  System Restore Point which was set prior to the software program's removal was unable to reinstall HP Sure Click 4.1.8.2387 to the same system state it was in prior to uninstall. It now has the same problem as before where the HP Sure Click Desktop Console will not initialize and complains that it also requires to be updated. Also, I did not observe the Live View option functioning properly. That occurred prior to any changes which I made in an attempt to understand why Live View wasn't working as intended, and before I performed the Microsoft System Restore Point which broke the HP Sure Click Desktop Console again. Kind of a software bug that you might want to watch out for if you ever need to reinstall using a Microsoft System Restore Point.

FGC2

HP Recommended

FGC2 thanks so much for this discovery!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.