Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

This still happened with Zbook 15 G5, with latest bios Q70 and  dock firmware 1.0.57.1 Rev.A. 

The solution was, after all, simple: from device manager, ENABLE the second

"Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtemsible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)"

that pops up as disabled, when the dock is connected. There are and should be two of these controller lines, both active.

HP Recommended

I applied firmware update 1.0.60.1 Rev.A in SP98906 last week to the dock, and now Windows does not recognize it after a reboot. Cannot use external monitors, sound, or USB. The sleep/wake button on the top of the dock and charging still work, but that is all. The Thunderbolt tool does not recognize it as plugged in nor does the firmware updater. As such, I cannot approve a device that is not seen. I deleted the previously approved entry for the device in the Thunderbolt app, but that did not help.

I do not see a second, disabled USB 3.1 controller as mentioned by others. I have a Zbook 14u G5.

Any ideas appreciated. Losing the external devices is making work quite difficult. All went smoothly during the firmware upgrade, and as mentioned did not notice issues until after a reboot.

EDIT: I changed the BIOS for Tunderbolt from User Auth to Secure Connect. Did not work at first, but overnight the dock is now completely recognized and operational. No issues. Seems odd that it had to sit for hours to find the device.

HP Recommended

Stopped working again. This dock is very touchy. I have a USB hub attached, and a power-cycle on it took the whole dock down. Quite disappointing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.