Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
zbook studio 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

we bought several hp studio zbook G3 notebooks along with a hp thunderbolt G2 docking but we can't seem to get the netwerkadapter working ???

Everything else is working... any how idea how to get this working ??

Verry annoying issue....

regards,

TimDJ

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Does the network adapter show up in device manager as needing a driver?

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-thunderbolt-dock/20075223

HP Recommended

unfortunately nothing is shown.... no unknow device or anything else...

Network adapter has link, but isn't found as a device on the computer.

within thunderbolt software, I already approved the docking and it is also shown, but when looking at the details networking driver version is also unknow (see photo)

thunderbolt.jpg

HP Recommended

Go into the BIOS and see if you can turn off any sort of Thunderbolt security. The BIOS may be blocking access to the network device on the dock. 

HP Recommended

found some settings in the BIOS, any idea on how they should be configured ??

TB2.jpg

HP Recommended

I have mine set on no security at all. 

no Tbolt security in BIOSno Tbolt security in BIOS

I am not even sure how you implement Thunderbolt security so I am not missing it and all devices work on my Tbolt dock although I do not have the new fancy one with Audio as you do. 

HP Recommended

even that doesn't help...
When I disable thunderbolt in bios, I have network driver/card from docking, but no displays from displayport on the docking.. only laptop display.

HP Recommended

I have the Zbook 15 G3 not Studio. BIOS are similar not exactly the same. So if I understand, turning off Thunderbolt security allows you to see the network port on the dock but disables the DP ports on the dock? Check display settings in the BIOS. I think at a minimum we have shown this is a BIOS issue. Trying to find the BIOS emulator for your model so I can check all the possible settings.

HP Recommended

no not the thunderbolt security, but when I disable thunderbolt mode (sie first printscreen) then I get a working usb realtek network card...

but no displayports video from the docking...

HP Recommended

Yes that makes sense. The ethernet only needs a USB connection but the video depends on Thunderbolt. In other words, disable Thunderbolt security not the Thunderbolt feature entirely. Am I making myself clear and if so does it work to do that? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.