Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

As far as I can tell, it fixed the issue for us as well. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

unfortunately I don't have this option in the bios

hp-470-g8-notebook

HP Recommended

XMatrix83 am surprised you have no Power Management settings in the BIOS? The 400, 600, 800, 1000 Series business notebooks tend to have this option as standard. Can you check my following post where I have included the full process with a  screen shot of the BIOS. If you can share your screen shot of your BIOS that would help too.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Fix-for-repeating-letters-and-stuck-mouse-whilst-co...

HP Recommended

I've tested it with 2 laptops. Issues are resolved.

I've spoken with 2nd line from HP support who are investigating this issue and they have told me that somewhere around 15th of august there's going to be a BIOS update where these issues are going the be fixed in.

They have told us this before in may/june and the BIOS update then didn't fix it. So hopefully this time they will be right.

HP Recommended

Awesome. Thanks heaps Nick.

Looking forward to the new BIOS update being released. 🙏

Take care mate.

HP Recommended

On 445 and 455 G8 on the latest Bios update I don't see these power options.

Only power control is available and it's disabled.

HP Recommended

The coming new bios will be released also for other HP series laptops as 455 G8 and 445 G8? We also have alot of issues with docking station, USB mause and keyboard freezes. Camera on the ms teams stop to work randomly, the computer stops to see network mapped drives and shares.

Wifi stop to work and wifi card is not available even on the device manager I have to shutdown the laptop two times before wifi card is available again. On the latest firmware of G5 docking 1.15 dell monitors stop to work trough display port and etc and etc...

Alot of incidents.

The quality of the drivers and firmwares of the HP is too bad for 445 G8 and 455 G8 from my experience....

HP Recommended

I have no idea, the last BIOS update they released was 9th august, but no mention from the keyboard issues.

I think we have to wait for the right BIOS update, for use the 3 settings fixed the issues. So we will script this and disable this with all our laptops.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.