Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP USB C travel hub (Z9G82AA)

Hub is connected to power source, little light dot is on, hub is warming up.

internet cable connection through hub to elitex2 works.

no power goes to the elitex2: it continues to work on battery

is hub defective and need to replace?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Which Elite x2 are you using?  Some of the Elite x2 units require an AC adapater greater than 65w if you want to charge via the dock.  The Travel Dock that you are using will only handle up to 65W.

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

Hello,

What wattage power adapter are you using?

Thank you!

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Hi!
it is  45 watts, perhaps need to buy one with more?

HP Recommended

To futher his issue, I have the 65W power adapter, and it will not power up the Elite X2 and the travel hub.  The light on the hub is on showing power being input, the hub gets very warm then disconnects the external monitor connected via HDMI.  If I unplug the power and work off the USB-C on the X-2, both HDMI and hub work fine, attach power and it is back to square one.  I need to be able to use the hub and power the X-2 at the same time for my work.  If not, I will have to go back to the Surface that I had that worked just fine and had all the connections I needed without the need for the 4 inch long and 2 inch wide dongle that now eats up the charging port.

HP Recommended

What battery charge level is the system when you attempt to power the unit through the travel dock?  The x2 has "fast charge"  which is used to charge the battery faster when the battery is at certain charge levels.  You might want to try and charge the battery to 70% -80% without the dock attached.  Then, attach the dock to the unit and the AC to the dock and see if this works properly.

Which x2 unit do you own?  HP EliteBook 1012 G1 or G2?

BIOS version?

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. After plugging in the power cable in de travel hub, it's getting very hot. Even when my laptop is disconnected. In my opinion, this is not OK. Should I send it in for repair? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.