Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP USB-c Dock G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I just bought a docking station, and everything works fine out-of-the-box, except for the displays. I want to plug 2 screens to the dock, I updated everything with the last firmware, I even tried after downgrading, nothing works...

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@EwanMil 

What is your machine ? Is it on the Compatible list ?

Hardware compatibility
Compatible with HP ProBook 640 G4; HP ProBook 650 G4; HP ProBook 645 G4; HP EliteBook 830 G5; HP EliteBook 840 G5; HP EliteBook 850 G5; HP EliteBook 840r G4; HP EliteBook 745 G5; HP EliteBook 755 G5; HP EliteBook 735 G5; HP EliteBook x360 1020 G2; HP EliteBook 1040 G4; HP ProBook 470 G5; HP ProBook 455 G5; HP ProBook 450 G5; HP ProBook 440 G5; HP ProBook 430 G5; ChromeBook x360; HP Elite x2 1012 G2; HP Pro x2 612 G2; HP EliteBook x360 1030 G2; HP ChromeBook 13; HP Spectre Pro 13 G1 Notebook PC; HP EliteBook Folio G1; HP Elite x2 1012 G1

Regards.
BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien,

my machine is a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, it's not on the compatibility list but since the dock works with many other laptops I assumed it would do as well with mine, maybe I was wrong ?

HP Recommended

@EwanMil wrote:

... my machine is a Lenovo IdeaPad L340, ....

@EwanMil 

Sorry, definitely it is NOT compatible. As you can see the above list, even many HP machines are NOT compatible.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

If you use a Lenovo Laptop you might try an Dell DA300 as docking station, its working for my Lenovo thinkpad.

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Dear sir,

I have the same issue as the person who filed this post, however I do have a compatible HP EliteBook 745 G6. Any ideas why it does not output display signal to external monitor?

HP Recommended

turned out to be a faulty dock. Had it replaced and plug and play! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.