Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G6 6TR81EA#ABD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since yesterday I am the owner of a

HP zBook 17 G6 Core i9-9880H 2.3GHz 17.3" FHD 32GB RAM NVIDIA RTX 4000 512GB SSD

Type 6TR81EA#ABD

The Laptop is signed with "HP renewed program".

After booting Windows 10 a little window in the right on the screen was presented and tells "The HP manufacturer warranty already started at January 2020".

I also wonder a little bit because the SSD and RAM are not from INTEL.

That I was googling before.

The dealer told me "That's OK from HP".

So my questions to the community are:

1. What type of RAM and SSD do I have to be expected?

2. Devices from the HP renew program have shortened warranty?

Many Thanks for any replies and sorry for bad english.

Best Regards

Esker

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Intel does not make memory but does make SSDs. You can expect memory to be Samsung or Hynix or other OEM maker. SSD might be Samsung or Toshiba or other quality brand. HP renewed will have warranty terms not as good as new product. As short as 90 days in some markets. Warranty runs from date of first retail purchase. In HP Support Assistant you should be able to dispute if the warranty date is wrong. You may need proof of purchase. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Intel does not make memory but does make SSDs. You can expect memory to be Samsung or Hynix or other OEM maker. SSD might be Samsung or Toshiba or other quality brand. HP renewed will have warranty terms not as good as new product. As short as 90 days in some markets. Warranty runs from date of first retail purchase. In HP Support Assistant you should be able to dispute if the warranty date is wrong. You may need proof of purchase. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.